1. Our privacy principles
2. Personal information we collect
3. How we use your Personal Information
4. Sharing your Personal Information
5. Where we store and process your data
6. Retention periods
7. Your rights
8. Children’s Privacy
10. More information
11. Our Legal Organisation Details
Our Privacy Principles
- Personal Information you provide is processed fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner
- Personal Information you provide is collected for a specific purpose and is not processed in a way which is incompatible with the purpose which Le Deli Robuchon collected it
- Your Personal Information is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed
- Your Personal Information is kept accurate and, where necessary kept up to date
- Your Personal Information is kept no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the Personal Information is processed
- We will take appropriate steps to keep your Personal Information secure
- Your Personal Information is processed in accordance with your rights
- We will only transfer your Personal Information to another country or an international organisation outside the European Economic Area where we have taken the required steps to ensure that your Personal Information is protected. Such steps may include placing the party we are transferring information to under contractual obligations to protect it to adequate standards
- We do not and will not sell your Personal Information
Personal Information we Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
This does not include your credit card number or billing information. Transactions on the Le Deli Robuchon Site are processed by Shopify Pay, SagePay and PayPal on their servers and are subject to their privacy policies (for Paypal see here https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-prev). We do not store any of the credit card or banking information that you provide to these payment processors.
How we use your Personal Information
We use the Order Information that we collect to fulfil orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations, and sending follow-up emails). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk of fraud;
- Provide customer support and assistance; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to
- Improve and optimize our Site by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site;
- Assess the performance of our marketing campaigns;
- Improve the accuracy of search results;
- Provide personalised product recommendations on the website and, if you have consented to this, via email
- Gather feedback about the performance of the website and our products and services
- Provide tailored advertising on other websites based on your activity on our website
Sharing your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with third parties as follows:
1) To perform our contract with you
We share some Personal Information with third parties in order to perform our contract with you, including your name, address, email address and telephone number. This will be shared with the payment processor who processes your payment, currently either Shopify Pay, SagePay or Paypal, and the shipping company who delivers your order (generally either Fedex or UK Mail). If you wish to shop from our store, it is not possible to opt out of providing this information as it is required to fulfil your order.
2) To pursue our legitimate commercial interests
We may also share your Personal Information with third parties when this processing enables us to pursue our legitimate commercial interests in understanding and improving our website and services and where these interests are not outweighed by risks to your data rights.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To guard against fake reviews and give you confidence that reviews shown on our site are genuine we use two independent third parties - xxx and Google - to collect and publish product and service reviews on our behalf. You can choose whether or not you would like to receive Google review requests on an order-by-order basis using the dialog box at the conclusion of our checkout process.
To provide tailored product recommendations on our website and via email we use a personalisation service provided by xxx They process information about which products you have viewed, clicked added to basket or purchased in order to generate these recommendations. xxx may also gather information about whether you clicked on any of the recommendations, in order to evaluate their effectiveness and improve the quality of their recommendations
We use a third party search provider to improve the quality of search results on our website search feature. In order to do this, search queries and the resulting pages clicked are shared with the provider. Users IP addresses may also be shared in order to improve search accuracy.
3) When we have your consent to do so
If you have given us permission to send you marketing emails, by ticking the box at checkout, signing up to our newsletter or entering a competition which included a newsletter opt-in, then we may also share your email address with our email service providers xxx and xxx who send marketing emails on our behalf.
4) To comply with legal obligations
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive.
Where we store and process your data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“) for our own administration purposes. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. Whenever we transfer your data outside the EEA, we ensure that a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your Personal Information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Information by the European Commission.
- Where we use providers based in the USA, we ensure that they are part of the US-EU Privacy Shield (for which see https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome); and
- Where we use other providers we will ensure that the data transfers are subject to the EU Model Contract Clauses for the transfer of Personal Information to third countries (for which see https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en)
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we will only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Information, including those set out below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note there are certain circumstances in which we cannot fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Information, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
Access: You can request more information about the Personal Information we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Information;
Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly in the ‘My Account’ section of our website;
Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Information from our systems;
Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Information based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time;
Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Information in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible;
Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Information for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes;
Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Information.
Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about our practices with respect to your Personal Information with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State. The supervisory authority in the UK is the ICO.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the details provided below:
Le Deli Robuchon Limited
24 Saville Row
London W1S 2ES
Our Legal Organisation Details
Le Deli Robuchon Limited, trading as Le Deli Robuchon, 24 Saville Row, London W1S 2ES with Company Registration Number 10784746 and VAT Registration Number: 323 6421 29;
Cookies can either be “session Cookies” or “persistent Cookies”. Session Cookies are temporary Cookies that are stored on your device while you are visiting our Site or using our Services, whereas “persistent Cookies” are stored on your device for a period of time after you leave our Site or Services. The length of time a persistent Cookie stays on your device varies from Cookie to Cookie. We use persistent Cookies to store your preferences so that they are available for the next visit, and to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit our Services, how often you return, how your use of the Services may vary over time. We also use persistent Cookies to measure the effectiveness of advertising efforts. Through these Cookies, we may collect information about your online activity after you leave our Services. Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” or “DNT” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites, and web applications, and services that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. Because we collect browsing and persistent identifier data, the Services do not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that we may collect information about your online activity both while you are using the Services and after you leave our properties.
Some Cookies are placed by a third party on your device and may provide information to us and third parties about your browsing habits (such as your visits to our Site or Services, the pages you have visited and the links and advertisements you have clicked). These Cookies can be used to determine whether certain third party services are being used, to identify your interests, to retarget advertisements to you and to serve advertisements to you that we or others believe are relevant to you. We do not control third party Cookies.
We use the following types of Cookies:
• Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Site or Services. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
• Functionality Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Services, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to our Services. These Cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Retargeting/Advertising Cookies. Retargeting/Advertising Cookies collect data about your online activity and identify your interests so that we can provide advertising that we believe is relevant to you. For more information about this, please see the section below titled “Third Party Advertising”.
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies. One way you can do this is through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your computer. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some Services and functionalities may not work.
To explore what Cookie setting are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu. To find our more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/ or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
You can also opt out of targeted advertising from all advertisers here:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/